How to Become a Data Scientist
Do Data Scientists Work From Home?
Like many jobs in the technology field, Data Scientist roles can often be done remotely—but this is ultimately dependent upon the company you work for and the kind of work you do.
When Can Data Scientists Work Remotely?
Data science positions that work with highly sensitive or confidential data and information (which includes a large number of them, even outside privacy-heavy fields like banking and healthcare, as proprietary data can be one of a large company’s most valuable assets) will find they face many more restrictions with regards to remote work. In these cases, it’s likely you will be required to work in-office during working hours.
Some other factors to consider:
- How traditional your company is. Larger, older companies are not typically as remote-friendly—although the events of 2020 may bring big changes in this area.
- How easily you can work with other teammates and departments remotely. If your work is highly collaborative, it’s more likely you’ll be required to show up in person.
- Data Scientists working on contract—or even on a consulting basis—may also have more flexibility to choose their own location.
Kick-Start Your Data Scientist Career
We offer a wide variety of programs and courses built on adaptive curriculum and led by leading industry experts.
- Work on projects in a collaborative setting
- Take advantage of our flexible plans and scholarships
- Get access to VIP events and workshops
Recommended Courses for Data Scientist
The Data Science Full-Time program is an intensive course designed to launch students' careers in data.
Taught by data professionals working in the industry, the part-time Data Science course is built on a project-based learning model, which allows students to use data analysis, modeling, Python programming, and more to solve real analytical problems.
The part-time Data Analytics course was designed to introduce students to the fundamentals of data analysis.
The Python Programming certificate course provides individuals with fundamental Python programming skills to effectively work with data.
The part-time Machine Learning course was designed to provide you with the machine learning frameworks to make data-driven decisions.