About the Role
BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training and development, offering a 12-week bootcamp program in Cybersecurity. BrainStation is currently hiring a Cybersecurity Associate Educator to teach the program through online and in-person teaching. BrainStation Educators are given the unique opportunity to teach, research, and further develop their skills, while teaching in a dynamic, project-based setting.
- Teach our 12-week Cybersecurity bootcamp program
- Deliver lectures and provide expert technical guidance to students who are building exciting projects using the most cutting-edge technologies
- Facilitate in-class activities, group discussions, demos and mentor the next wave of emerging talent
- Actively work on writing and researching new content to teach the most up to date cybersecurity skills to our students
- Apply BrainStation’s “Agile Learning” methodologies to the program to continuously improve the educational experience for students
- Constantly improve your own skills and apply these skills in collaboration with other BrainStation Educators.
- Define the education experience of the future
- 2+ years experience as a Cybersecurity Analyst or Engineer professional and a Bachelor’s degree relevant to the subject matter OR 4+ years work experience in the vocation
- Deep knowledge of information security systems and best practices, cybersecurity operations, governance, assurance and compliance
- Understanding of standard professional certification processes, encryption, application security, penetration testing and computer forensics
- Experience with risk and incident management, the latest security vulnerabilities, advisories, understanding of attacks, and determination of countermeasures
- Experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting information technology systems including Windows, Cisco, and Linux technologies
- Strong command of Network and Systems Security, Cryptography, and Security Infrastructure
- Experience and technical knowledge of Linux, Python, Scripting, Firewalls, SQL Injection, and Network Protocols
- Experience building and leading technical teams
- Comfortable speaking to large groups and mentoring others on the job
- A passion for teaching and mentoring others and creating positive learning experiences
Perks and Benefits
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits Package
- Retirement Planning
- Parental Leave Program
- New Device Allowance
- Socials, Outings & Retreats
- Culture of Learning & Development
- Flexible Working Hours
- Work from Home Flexibility
Established in 2012, BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation. BrainStation has worked with digital leaders from the most innovative companies in the world, developing cutting-edge, real-world digital education that has empowered more than 100,000+ professionals.
Bonus: Have you been to a campus or joined an online learning opportunity? We are actively seeking individuals that believe in lifelong learning and that have taken part in our On Campus or Online offerings.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
The estimated compensation for this position is $80,000- $109,000. This is an estimate and a compensation offer will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities and alignment with market data.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.