About the Role
BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training and development, offering a 12-week Diploma program in Web Development. BrainStation is currently seeking a Senior Web Developer to lead the delivery of our program through online and in-person teaching. BrainStation Educators are given the unique opportunity to teach, research, and develop applications, making themselves the most well-rounded and informed developers in the market.
- Teach our 12-week Web Development Diploma program
- Deliver lectures and mentor the next wave of engineering talent by providing expert technical guidance to students who are building exciting projects using the most cutting-edge technologies
- Co-create BrainStation’s full-time Web Development Program that will positively impact the lives and careers of hundreds of individuals across our campuses
- Actively work on writing and researching new content to teach the most up to date skills in development to our students
- Apply BrainStation’s “Agile Education” methodologies to the program to continuously improve the educational experience for students
- Constantly improve your own skills, and apply these skills in collaboration with other BrainStation Educators in order to build the digital platform and tools needed to effectively deliver educational material
- Define the education experience of the future
- 2+ years experience in a web engineering role
- Experience or a familiarity with React, Node/Express, and databases (relational and MongoDB)
- Strong public speaking abilities
- Experience teaching/mentoring others
- A self motivated, empathetic, and approachable demeanor
- A proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A strong work ethic with the utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed
- A sincere passion for education and creating positive learning experiences for others
Perks and Benefits
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits Package
- Retirement Planning
- Parental Leave Program
- New Device Allowance
- Socials, Outings & Retreats
- Culture of Learning & Development
- Flexible Working Hours
- Work from Home Flexibility
Established in 2012, BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation. BrainStation has worked with digital leaders from the most innovative companies in the world, developing cutting-edge, real-world digital education that has empowered more than 100,000+ professionals.
Bonus: Have you been to a campus or joined an online learning opportunity? We are actively seeking individuals that believe in lifelong learning and that have taken part in our On Campus or Online offerings.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.