About the Role
BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training and development, offering a 12-week bootcamp program in Web Development. BrainStation is currently hiring a Senior Web Developer to teach our program through online and in-person teaching. BrainStation Educators are given the unique opportunity to teach, research, and further develop their skills, while teaching in a dynamic, project-based setting.
- Teach our 12-week Web Development Diploma program
- Help build a world class technical team passionate about designing and teaching
- Deliver lectures and provide expert technical guidance to students who are building exciting projects using the most cutting-edge technologies
- Facilitate in-class activities, group discussions, demos and mentor the next wave of emerging talent
- Co-create BrainStation’s curriculum that will positively impact the lives and careers of hundreds of individuals across our campuses
- Actively work on writing and researching new content to teach the most up to date design skills to our students
- Apply BrainStation’s “Agile Education” methodologies to the program to continuously improve the educational experience for students
- Constantly improve your own skills and apply these skills in collaboration with other BrainStation Educators in order to build the digital platform and tools needed to effectively deliver educational material
- Define the education experience of the future
- 3-5+ years experience in a web engineering role and a certificate, diploma or post-secondary degree in a related field OR 8+ years work experience in the vocation
- Experience or a familiarity with React, Node/Express, and databases (relational and MongoDB)
- Experience building and leading technical teams
- Experience in a teaching role, and are comfortable speaking to large groups and mentoring others on the job
- A strong work ethic with the utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed
- An empathetic, inclusive, enthusiastic personality, and is someone who enjoys helping others and facilitating learning
- A passion for teaching and mentoring others and creating positive learning experiences
Perks and Benefits
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits Package
- Retirement Planning
- Parental Leave Program
- New Device Allowance
- Socials, Outings & Retreats
- Culture of Learning & Development
- Flexible Working Hours
- Work from Home Flexibility
Established in 2012, BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation. BrainStation has worked with digital leaders from the most innovative companies in the world, developing cutting-edge, real-world digital education that has empowered more than 100,000+ professionals.
Bonus: Have you been to a campus or joined an online learning opportunity? We are actively seeking individuals that believe in lifelong learning and that have taken part in our On Campus or Online offerings.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
The estimated compensation for this position is $90,000 to $120,000. This is an estimate and a compensation offer will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities and alignment with market data.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.