User Experience Design Course
Full-Time, 10 WeeksApply →
Get Course Package
We’ll send you course, project and Educator details.
Deep learning with 400 hours of in-class instruction, project work and collaboration.
Taught by Industry Leaders
Learn from experts who bring their real-world experience to every class.
Low Student-to-Teacher Ratio
Smaller class sizes make for a more interactive, collaborative learning experience.
Don't just sit in front of a lecturer; hands-on learning allows you to work on real projects that matter to you.
What You'll Learn
- Digital Product Management Effectively manage the design of a digital product.
- Perform User Experience Research Implement UX research methods to create human-centred design solutions.
- Information Architecture Organize and structure complex information ecosystems with findability and usability in mind.
- Sketching and Wireframing Create the skeletal structure of your website using industry leading wireframing tools and processes.
- Experience Mapping Understand the strategic value of experience maps and their use in developing seamless user experiences.
- Usability Testing Testing and evaluating the effectiveness of your digital designs.
- Visual Design Hone your graphic design skills by learning the fundamental elements of visual design including typography, layout, and colour theory.
- Sketch Fundamentals Sharpen your Sketch skills to design high-fidelity user interfaces.
- Responsive Website Design Create digital experience optimized for different screen sizes.
- User Interface Design Establish a consistent visual language and framework to guide your digital interface.
- Prototyping Bring your designs to life using InVision by making clickable, interactive prototypes.
- Interaction Design Apply UX design principles to create compelling interactive digital solutions.
Full-time students work hard and play hard. Throughout your 10 weeks, you’ll be dedicating a lot of hours to building your skills, and it will likely be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Though the curriculum is intense, the learning environment is fun and collaborative, and you are learning from some of New York’s most talented digital Designers.
There are lots of opportunities to network, meet new friends and mentors. BrainStation students have complimentary entry to all evening workshops and events, including Panel Discussions, hands-on workshops and Fireside Chats with thought-leaders across diverse industries.
No two days are the same, with a balance of independent study, hands-on group work, tech tours, career support and evening socials.
"I entered the UX Design program with the intent of changing my career path entirely and that's exactly what happened, even faster than I could have imagined. BrainStation has given me the skills and tools necessary to enter the tech workforce with confidence. It also has given me a newfound passion and career path that I have fully embraced, all thanks to the support of the educators at BrainStation."
Mathieu, Full-time User Experience Design Alumni
How You'll Learn
You’ll be immersed in hands-on and collaborative digital design training, working alongside some of New York’s most talented Designers. The curriculum is project-based, which mimics real-world design experience and gives you the opportunity to apply the concepts you’re learning.
The course curriculum is constantly iterated on to reflect the strategies, tools and processes used by industry professionals, ensuring you are learning the most up-to-date tools and resources.
Become a Lifelong Learner
We also put a strong emphasis on teaching you ‘how to learn’; this means you’ll graduate the program armed with the ability to problem solve and think like a Designer outside of the classroom.
As a BrainStation full-time student, you'll receive ongoing support from our Educators and TAs throughout the duration of the program.
Our Support Team provides you with interview guidance and practice, as well as tips on building a stand-out resume.
Tour local companies and get connected with Hiring Managers through our employment partnership with Techvibes.
Foster connections within Canada’s technology community and gain access to networking opportunities through BrainStation's partners, evening events and panels.
Student Payment Plans
We work with our students to make our programs accessible and affordable.
We understand that every student's financial situation is unique, and we work closely with you to build a customized Student Payment Plan. Speak with our Admissions team today to learn about financing options and explore our range of scholarship opportunities.
BrainStation selects only committed individuals who will thrive in our fast-paced, collaborative program. Throughout the application process, you will be challenged to learn new concepts through self-guided assessments and critically assess your readiness through an interview with our Success Team. To begin your application, please request a Course Information Package on the course page and complete the short online application to get in touch with our Admissions team. The Course Information Package will outline next stages in applying for the program.
We recommend that all individuals begin their application process one month prior to their intended start date to ensure sufficient time to complete all stages of the admissions process, including mandatory prep assessments.
Get Course Info Package
We'll send you Educator details, course information and past student projects.
Information about yourself including education, work experience and a few short questions for us to get to know you better.
Meet the Team
You will get a chance to checkout the space and meet the team at BrainStation.