Web Development Course
Full-Time, 10 WeeksApply →
Get Course Package
We’ll send you course info, past projects & Educator details
Deep learning with 400 hours of in-class instruction, project work and collaboration.
Taught by Industry Leaders
Learn from experts who bring their real-world experience to every class.
Low Student-to-Teacher Ratio
Smaller class sizes make for a more interactive, collaborative learning experience.
Don’t just sit in front of a lecturer; hands-on learning allows you to work on real projects that matter to you.
What You'll Learn
- HTML5 HTML training to help you master the internet’s foundational language.
- CSS3 Use CSS3 to make your website standout by customizing your layout, appearance, and adding animations.
- Bootstrap Apply this modern front-end framework to easily create responsive sites on mobile, tablet and desktop.
- SASS & BEM Learn industry best practices for styling websites with CSS tools and methodologies.
- JQuery Use one of the web’s most popular libraries, jQuery, to add interactivity, animations, and dynamic changes to your webpage.
- ExpressJS Learn how to create back-end web apps using ExpressJS, a NodeJS web application framework.
- PostgreSQL + Sequelize Manage your web applications data using one of the most commonly used relational databases.
- MongoDB + Mongoose Learn the popular non-relational database MongoDB to get a broader understanding of database choices.
- RESTful APIs Learn how to use third-party APIs and how to build your own RESTful APIs to manage your app’s data needs.
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) Learn the basics of MVC architecture by creating server-side rendered web applications using ExpressJS.
- Component-based Architecture Create front-end apps in a component-based architecture using ReactJS and flux-esque state management libraries.
- Git Practice how to remotely manage your code and collaborate with developers in a team environment using industry software.
- NPM Access the world’s largest open source package management system to rapidly build new apps.
- Agile Software Development Learn the basics of the iterative approach to software development through group projects.
- Amazon AWS Use the most comprehensive deployment service to put your web applications online.
- Authentication & Authorization Integrate password encryption and user authentication with libraries such as Bcrypt and JWT.
- Secure Payment Systems Add Stripe to your app for real time, flexible, and secure payment processing.
As a full-time Web Development student, you'll be immersed in hands-on, project-based training that is collaborative, fun and challenging.
Throughout the 10 weeks, you'll be working alongside like-minded, passionate peers with expert Educators and TAs who bring diverse experience to every lecture. You'll have the opportunity to network and mingle with some of New York's top digital companies and startups through community initiatives and tech tours.
You'll graduate armed with the knowledge and hands-on experience needed to launch a startup, drive digital innovation in your business, or become a Junior Web Developer. Our unique community offers you the opportunity to foster a network of friends and industry mentors; relationships you'll continue to develop beyond the classroom.
"I knew I liked programming but I didn't know what to study on my own, hence why I decided to take the course. Suffice to say, I got maximum value out of the course and have to really applaud the instructors and organizers, they put tremendous effort into ensuring you come out of the course with an arsenal of skills. There was always extra projects / challenges to tackle if you finished early or ahead of schedule and the instructors and TAs are tireless in helping out. Fantastic atmosphere, fantastic learning space as well. If you are planning on getting into this field, Brainstation is a no brainer.”
Marko, Full-time Web Development Alumni
How You'll Learn
As a full-time Web Development student, you will spend time outside of the classroom learning about new concepts, which we will then dive into in class through collaborative, project-based work that’s delivered through our custom built Learning Portal.
The curriculum is adaptive, meaning we design lecture content based on what is being used by industry professionals. This means you'll graduate with the necessary skills and tools to succeed in the real-world.
Become a Lifelong Learner
Our goal is to equip you to be a lifelong learner; this means that you will be armed with the ability to problem-solve and adapt to new technologies post-graduation.
As a BrainStation full-time student, you'll receive ongoing support from our Educators and TAs throughout the duration of the program.
Our Support Team provides you with interview guidance and practice, as well as tips on building a stand-out resume.
Tour local companies and get connected with Hiring Managers through our employment partnership with Techvibes.
Foster connections within Canada’s technology community and gain access to networking opportunities through BrainStation's partners, evening events and panels.
Student Payment Plans
We work with our students to make our programs accessible and affordable.
We understand that every student's financial situation is unique, and we work closely with you to build a customized Student Payment Plan. Speak with our Admissions team today to learn about financing options and explore our range of scholarship opportunities.
BrainStation selects only committed individuals who will thrive in our fast-paced, collaborative program. Throughout the application process, you will be challenged to learn new concepts through self-guided assessments and critically assess your readiness through an interview with our Success Team. To begin your application, please request a Course Information Package on the course page and complete the short online application to get in touch with our Admissions team. The Course Information Package will outline next stages in applying for the program.
We recommend that all individuals begin their application process one month prior to their intended start date to ensure sufficient time to complete all stages of the admissions process, including mandatory prep assessments.
Get Course Info Package
We'll send you Educator details, course information and past student projects.
Information about yourself including education, work experience and a few short questions for us to get to know you better.
Meet the Team
You will get a chance to checkout the space and meet the team at BrainStation.
Join our Community of Creators
Receive info about courses, workshops and events in your community.