Leveraging LinkedIn to Maximize Your Career Growth
Wednesday, May 10th @ 6:30 PM
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
460 King Street West Enter through the glass doors on Spadina
Refer a friend to join BrainStation and you will both receive $15 in workshop credits!
Are you currently job hunting, thinking about switching careers (bonus points if it's in the tech industry), or trying to expand your network? This session will teach you the specifics on how to create an effective LinkedIn profile and how to navigate the networking tool to maximize your career growth. Bring your questions and be prepared for an interactive session!
- Why you should have a LinkedIn account in the first place
- How to create an effective LinkedIn profile based on what you've done and where you want to go
- 5 common mistakes candidates make on their profile (and how to avoid them)
- How to use LinkedIn to expand your network and how to effectively leverage your existing network
- How to use LinkedIn to avoid sending your resume into the online black hole
- 3 LinkedIn Updates for 2017 that you need to know about
- Whether or not you need to upgrade to LinkedIn Premium
What You'll Get
- Intimate discussion with one of Toronto's top career consultants
- A BrainStation notebook and pen for notetaking purposes
- Snacks and refreshments
*Event is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Stephanie has worked in the finance industry for over 10 years, most recently as an equity trader for one of the biggest banks in Canada. She completed both a Bachelor and a Masters Degree in Economics, which gave her a deep understanding of the dynamic labour market and how it influences a chosen career path. She understands the process of getting hired in an ultra competitive market, knows firsthand what separates good from great candidates and has successfully practiced all of the tried and true techniques that allows her to lead anyone through the modern job market.