Leveraging LinkedIn to Maximize Your Career Growth
Thursday, September 07th @ 6:00 PM
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
455 Granville Street
Refer a friend to join BrainStation and you will both receive $40 in workshop credits!
Are you currently job hunting, thinking about switching careers (bonus points if it's in the tech industry), or trying to expand your network? This session will teach you the specifics on how to create an effective LinkedIn profile and how to navigate the networking tool to maximize your career growth. Bring your questions and be prepared for an interactive session!
- Why you should have a LinkedIn account in the first place
- How to create an effective LinkedIn profile based on what you've done and where you want to go
- 5 common mistakes candidates make on their profile (and how to avoid them)
- How to use LinkedIn to expand your network and how to effectively leverage your existing network
- How to use LinkedIn to avoid sending your resume into the online black hole
- 3 LinkedIn Updates for 2017 that you need to know about
- Whether or not you need to upgrade to LinkedIn Premium
What You'll Get
- Intimate discussion with one of Vancouver's top career consultants
- A BrainStation notebook and pen for notetaking purposes
- Snacks and refreshments
*Event is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Teresa Duke is more than just your typical People and Culture pro. She’s a recruiter, coach, trainer, facilitator, and business partner for technology companies currently working as the Head of Recruitment at Unbounce. Previously at EA Games, Venture Media and Vivendi Games, today, she is back with a larger People and Culture Team heading up Recruitment efforts and having way too much fun helping the company to grow well, enjoy more, learn, coach, and up-level their efforts.