If this is the year you decided to find a new job or change industries altogether then we have a two-part workshop that will help you conquer your next job search.
Join us August 14th for the first session, catered to those looking to create an effective resume and cover letter. Be prepared to go through each section of a resume and how to format it so it is clear and concise.
The second workshop, hosted on August 23rd, will be focused on networking and interview prep to help you land your dream job. Topics will include how to use social media in your next job hunt, how to create a compelling LinkedIn profile, and how to nail your next interview.
Bring all you job specific questions to both workshops and be prepared to walk away feeling confident and prepared to tackle your next job search!
Resume Building 101 | What You'll Learn
- The 4 major elements to focus on when creating/updating your resume
- Step-by-step instructions on updating your resume (skills, education, employment experience, volunteer experience, interests)
- Customizing your resume
- A great example of a cover letter
- Discussion around a traditional vs. creative resume and what works
- How to avoid your resume falling into the online black hole
What You'll Get
- A fool-proof cover letter template
- Opportunity to ask all of your specific resume related questions
- BrainStation notebook and pen for notetaking purposes
- Light snacks and refreshments
What to Bring
Please bring a fully charged laptop
A copy of your most recent resume (if you have one)
A list of all of your experiences and achievements jotted down
*Event is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Want to attend this event? RSVP now to reserve your seat.Save your spot
What You'll Get
Insights from industry experts
Snacks & refreshments at our campus
Networking opportunity with like-minded professionals