Speaker Series | Industry Insights from a Data Scientist
Tuesday, June 20th @ 6:00 PM
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
455 Granville Street, Vancouver
Refer a friend to join BrainStation and you will both receive $15 in workshop credits!
Join us June 20th for a Speaker Series with Phillip Mah, Senior Data Scientist at Boeing.
Frequently working with fellow data scientists as well as software engineers, designers and business analysts, enjoy an intimate discussion and Q&A with one of Canada's leading data scientists.
Topics of Discussion
- A day in the life of a Data Scientist
- Processing and cleaning large datasets
- Machine learning demonstrations
- How to apply industry practices to real data
- How to deploy data models
- Data Analytics vs. Data Science
What You'll Get
- Intimate discussion and Q&A with one of Canada's leading data scientists
- A BrainStation notebook & pen for note-taking purposes
- Light snacks and refreshments!
*Event is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Phillip Mah has worked for the Boeing Company since 2013. He is currently a Senior Data Scientist in Boeing Vancouver Labs. He leads multiple projects in the Aviation Predictive Maintenance space, and is involved in creating the next-generation of predictive maintenance solution for Boeing’s global fleet of commercial aircraft. He has experience in operations research, predictive analytics, machine learning, simulation and statistical analysis in both commercial aviation, defence and health care. He has a Master’s degree in Operations Research from the University of British Columbia, as well as a Bachelor’s with Honours in Computer Science and Bioinformatics.