The 30th Angel Forum took place Monday in Vancouver and over 100 entrepreneurs, investors and sponsors were in attendance. Among them were over 50 registered investors and 18 presenting companies.
The day-long event wrapped up with the Angel Forum crowning the 2011 BC Angel Investor of the Year as well as the Investor Choice Award winners.
In 2009 legendary angel investor Mike Volker was the award went to the angel investor Paul Geyer.
For 2011, the Angel Forum recognized active angel (and Techvibes investor) Boris Wertz of W Media Ventures.
The Investor Choice Awards – aptly named as they were voted on by the investors that took in the company presentations – went to the following:
- Best Presentation: Victoria’s Xoom Data
- Best Company likely to be Acquired: Vancouver’s Aeos Biomedical
- Best Pre-Revenue Company: Vancouver’s Aeos Biomedical
- Best Revenue Company: Seattle’s Greenwood Clean Energy
- Most Promising Company to go Public: Vancouver’s S2G BioChemicals
Congrats to all the winners and to Bob Chaworth-Musters on another great forum.