Webnames.ca is hiring a full-time Assistant Systems Administrator to assist in administering and maintaining the company IT infrastructure. The candidate is expected to participate in a team environment. The candidate must possess excellent troubleshooting skills; a high attention to detail; the ability to follow specific guidelines and criteria; excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Day-to-day systems administration and support of the company servers, networks, workstations and laptops.
- Perform systems upgrades e.g. server upgrade, workstation upgrade, hardware upgrade and related duties.
- Review Microsoft security advisories and apply service packs/patches to the Windows servers, workstations and laptops accordingly.
- Perform and manage the daily and monthly system backups.
- Maintain email and spam filter systems.
- Enforce antivirus and security policies.
- Setup and update account information for office end-users.
- Assist/conduct testing/implementation of new systems and services as required and directed by the Systems Administrator.
- Evaluate/review new features, services, software and hardware as required and directed by the Systems Administrator.
- Provide support to office end-users.
- Sharepoint administration such as assisting users, creating new sites and managing user permissions.
- Liaise with software and hardware vendor for troubleshooting complex issues.
- Respond and provide resolution to tier2 escalated issues from the customer support department.
Full list of ideal qualifications are listed here. Position is full-time based on a 40-hour work week. Hours to be determined by Systems Administrator, and may be anywhere between 8am and 5pm. Extra hours may be required at times.
Excellent benefits package after a three-month probationary period. Salary commensurate with experience. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com before May 16, 2008.