- Charm an investor/broadcaster to fund your brilliant idea
- Meet William Shatner (…or someone who looks like him)
- Get lucky and win a free BANFF 2011 registration
- Find out what a technologist really does for a living
- Become a contestant on Howie Mandel’s game show, Deal or No Deal
Whether you’re a BANFF festival regular or still thinking about attending, it’s worth RSVP-ing to the Meet Up event in your town (see below for dates and location). It’s free and a great opportunity to network with like-minded individuals. Yes, the #3 reason is true – you might even get lucky and win a free BANFF 2011 registration.
Last year, I attended BANFF for the first time. It was a great place to connect with new, innovative minds in my industry and even enjoyed the comedic presentations by Ricky Gervais and Eric McCormick. I also got teary-eyed during William Shatner’s acceptance speech when he received lifetime achievement award at BANFF. (Please don’t tell anyone that). This year’s speakers include Howie Mandel (comedian/actor), Dana Walden (Fox Television), Ted Sarandos (Netflix), Avner Ronen (Boxee), and all the top talent from television and digital media industries. Regardless, BANFF facilitates an environment where you can turn your creative idea into reality.
Check out the BANFF Meet Ups page for more info and to RSVP.
- Tuesday, March 29th – 6 pm – 9 pm
- Belgo Brasserie – 501 8th Ave. SW
- Wednesday, March 30th – 6pm – 9pm
- Original Joe’s on Campus – 8404 109 St. NW
- Thursday, March 31st – 6 pm- 9pm
- The Granville Room – 957 Granville St.