The Entertainment Software Association of Canada (ESAC) is dedicated exclusively to serving the business and public affairs needs of companies in Canada that publish and distribute computer and video games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers and the Internet.
Association members include the nation’s leading interactive entertainment software publishers and distributors, which collectively accounted for more than 90 per cent of the $2 billion in entertainment software and hardware sales in Canada in 2009.
If you’re interested in learning more about the gaming industry in Canada, I recommend checking out their Essential Facts 2010 Report – it’s an easy read, full of infographics. Some impressive stats that caught my eye.
- Canada is the third most successful video game industry in the world
- Employs 14,000 people in high paying jobs
- Grew by 30% in 2009 and is expected to grow 29% annually over the next few years
- 247 establishments
- Average 57 employees per firm
- Canada is expected to be the fastest growing entertainment and media market in North America with 5% annual growth