Waterloo-based Communitech is making a final call for applications for it new HYPERDRIVE acclerator. Interested entrepreneurs have until June 4 to apply to the $30 million program to seed, fund, and grow new businesses.
HYPERDRIVE’s location in the Waterloo Region is home to one of the largest pools of engineering talent outside Silicon Valley, and the Communitech Hub, housed in a historic tannery, is one of the coolest workspaces in Canada.
HYPERDRIVE provides support to startups from Seed to Series A and the program includes:
- An initial three-month “sprint” with hands-on guidance from a world-class network of mentor.
- One week in New York City during the three-month sprint to meet with funders, partners and potential customers.
- Soft landing opportunities in the US and abroad.
- $55,000 (equity and loan) and in-kind program support of $100,000, including legal and accounting services.
- Demo days and chances to pitch top Angels, VCs and other funders
HYPERDRIVE’s supporters include Canrock Ventures, BDC Venture Capital, OMERS Ventures, and RIM.