Thanks to the Finance Minister Jim Flaherty’s recent Budget announcement on Section 116, this year’s CVCA Annual Conference in Ottawa on May 26-28th should have a celebratory feel to it. And no doubt Conference headliner Rick Mercer will have plenty of new material ready for the audience after questioning Flaherty’s Euromoney Finance Minister of the Year award on the Rick Mercer Report last year.
CVCA’s Annual Conference is the premiere networking and professional development event for Canada’s venture industry and should attract 550+ attendees again this year.
The conference will kick off with a welcome cocktail event on the Wednesday evening and include a Gala dinner on the Thursday featuring the CVCA’s “Entrepreneur of the Year” Award presentation and entertainment by Rick Mercer followed by our popular scotch-tasting networking event. We will also offer attendees an optional golf day on Wednesday at The Marshes, one of Ottawa’s premiere courses.
The conference program features timely topics on both venture capital and buyout and includes the following speakers:
- Glenn Hutchins, Co-Founder and Co-Chief Executive, Silver Lake Partners
- Mark Wiseman, Executive Vice-President, Investments, CPP Investment Board
- Paul Renaud, CEO, OMERS Private Equity
- Geoff Perfect, Head of iPhone Sales, Apple
- Shaherose Charania, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, Woman 2.0
- Paul Kedrosky, Senior Fellow, Kauffman Foundation
Register online if you’re interested in taking in the festivities.