Interactive Ontario (IO) recently announced that Early Bird registration is open for GameON: Finance 2009, taking place October 27 & 28 in Toronto. This is the third edition of the two-day investment forum, designed to bring investors and video game developers together to explore business opportunities in the rapidly expanding games industry. Event attendees will receive access to case studies, business discussions, examples of successful corporate models, project financing ideas and one-on-one meetings between developers and financers. Tickets can be purchased at www.gameonfinance.com.
I attended the previous GameON:Finance conference in Toronto and it was an amazing experience learning and connecting with others in the local gaming industry (see my posts from that conference in the relevant links section below).
More from the press release:
IO is pleased to announce the GameON: Finance 2009 Advisory Board:
- Jason Della Rocca (Chair), Senior Consultant for Perimeter Partners and former Executive Director of the International Game Developers Association
- Steve Bocska, President, Pug Pharm Productions
- Trevor Fencott, Managing Partner & CEO Bedlam Games
- Jussi Laakkonen, CEO & Founder, Everyplay
- Wanda Meloni, Founder and President, M2 Research
- Robert Shoniker, Principal, Courage Capital
- Dean Takahashi, Writer, Venture Beat
Who attends GameON: Finance?
- Game Developers
- Private Investors
- Policy Makers and Public Funders
- Financial Services, Retail Banks
- Publishers and Distributors
- Government and Industry Stakeholders
- Tax credit experts, law firms with media practices