As part of Vancouver Digital Week, the Centre for Digital Media is hosting a day of intensive training called Digital Kung-Fu on Thursday, May 14th.
Bringing together experts and leaders from an array of sectors in digital media, this workshop offers a full day of interactive sessions to help inspire new ideas and develop them into realizable goals. Participants will be treated to insider techniques for the conceptualizing, visualizing, prototyping and pitching of ideas, as well as insights into current industry trends and technologies.
If you’re a developer, looking to start your next venture, or just interested in learning more about future trends in digital development and innovation – you should consider attending. The day is focused on delivering workshops/skills training through a variety of sessions covering:
- Inspiration – covering online gaming, mobile, social media, elearning, etc.
- Visualizing the Idea – Mind Mapping/Storyboarding
- Preparing for a pitch
- An Overview of Interactive Audio: Where are we currently and where are we heading?
- Finding the Fun through Paper Prototyping
- Digital Prototyping – Learn about developing for iphone
- Learning about Social Media – Zynga will discuss their process for developing for Facebook and iphone
- Practicing the Pitch – A Dragons Den session where participants can practice pitching
For complete event info and a list of the participating speakers, check out the Vancovuer Digital Week website.