Social Media Direction, a Vancouver-based social media consulting agency, will be hosting Beyond Technology: Making ‘Cents’ out of Social Media conference on Thursday, November 20, 2008 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm at the Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel. The session aims to provide organizations with a high-level overview of the social software industry and opportunities available to increase community involvement, internal communications, and the bottom line.
- What: Beyond Technology: Making ‘Cents’ out of Social Media – A Conference discussing the use of Social Media to improve relationships with customers and increase an organization’s bottom line.
- When: Thursday, November 20, 2008 – 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Where: Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel, 999 Canada Place
- Alistair Croll: Alistair covers emerging web technologies, networking, and online applications. Prior to starting his new blog Bitcurrent, Alistair co-founded Coradiant, a leader in online user monitoring, as well as research firm Networkshop.
- Mark Dowds: Mark is currently the co-founder and CEO of Brainpark, Inc., a software company dedicated to making the workplace more collaborative, transparent, and efficient (Awarded as one of Canada’s Hottest 20 Innovative Companies and Winner of Red Herring Top 50 Companies) and is an active investor/contributor within the technology community in North America.