I’m excited to share the news that TechDays, Microsoft’s training conference for IT professionals and developers, is coming back for a third year! Last year’s tour across Canada was a big success, and based on what I’ve been told, Microsoft has put a lot of effort into ensuring that 2010 is even better. Here are the key announcements:
- In addition to stops in Vancouver, Toronto, Halifax, Ottawa, Montreal, Winnipeg, and Calgary, TechDays is coming to Edmonton! This decision was made because IT pros and developers in Edmonton said loud and clear that they wanted a local edition of TechDays.
- Each city will now have a minimum of 50 sessions, which means there’s more content than ever before.
- A common criticism of TechDays in the past was around the type of content being offered. This year Microsoft is adding a local community track to each city, giving local speakers the chance to submit sessions they want to present. If you want to talk about TDD or something, now you can.
- Microsoft is also looking to partner with the local tech community, opening up space on the evening of day one for community use.
As an Edmontonian, I’m very happy to see TechDays come to my city. I’m also really pleased to see that Microsoft has heard the community’s feedback on content, and is adding the community track to each city.
The tour kicks off in Vancouver on September 14 and finishes in Calgary on December 15. Early bird tickets (about 50% off the regular price) will be available at the TechDays website in early May.
Microsoft will be sharing more news on TechDays 2010 soon. Be sure to sign up for the MSDN Newsletter (for developers) or the TechNet Newsletter (for IT pros) to keep up-to-date on the latest TechDays news.
Here are the dates and locations for TechDays 2010:
- Vancouver – September 14/15 at the Vancouver Convention Centre
- Edmonton – October 5/6 at the Shaw Conference Centre
- Toronto – October 27/28 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre
- Halifax – November 2/3 at the World Trade & Convention Centre
- Ottawa – November 9/10 at the Hampton Inn & Conference Centre
- Montreal – November 23/24 at the Palais de Congres
- Winnipeg – December 7/8 at the Winnipeg Convention Centre
- Calgary – December 14/15 at the Calgary Stampede