The Apple “App Store” has completely shifted the business model for mobile gaming. Suddenly you can sell your product directly to consumers, by-passing the previous market entry barriers. Now Google and Blackberry are going to get into the app store business. Vancouver is right in the middle of it all with its expertise and world class talent in gaming and digital new media giving it a competitive advantage over the rest of the world that has also wised up to this phenomenon.
For next week’s MoMoVan event organizer WINBC has joined forces with New Media BC to host an evening focused on Web 2.0, Mobile Gaming and Entertainment. They’ve collected some of the players in the space to tell you their stories, share their experiences and most of all, show you some cool products. Here’s the agenda:
- 6:00 – 6:30: Registration & networking; pizza and beer
- 6:30 – 6:35: Sponsored pitch – Pinchevsky & Co.
- 6:35 – 6:40: Video highlights from WINBC’s PNWS 09
- 6:40 – 7:15: New media and Mobile gaming & entertainment pitches and presentations
- 7:15 – 7:45: Panel discussion on user experience and content going mobile
- 7:45 – 8:30: Demos & product showcasing and more networking
Interested? MoMoVan is on Monday, February 9th from 6:00pm – 8:30pm at WorkSpace in Gastown. Tickets are free to WINBC and New Media BC members (& students) and $25 for everybody else. First beer is free. Pizza is free. Be sure to register by Friday, February 6th.
Presenters listed below: