We’re days away from the 2010 deadline for the New Ventures BC Competition, a technology business competition offering a unique mix of business education, networking, mentoring, and $300K in cash and prizes. It’s designed to help very early stage entrepreneurs acquire the business basics they’ll need to succeed.
The competition is open to everyone in BC and entries are accepted from a person, team or business.
Previous competition winners include 2001 winner AirG, now the world’s largest inter-operator mobile community with 40 million unique users worldwide, and 2008 winner Saltworks Technology, which has raised more than $1 Million and is now selling its innovative, energy-efficient water desalination technology around the world.
Prizes to be awarded September 23rd include:
- $120,000 BC Innovation Council first-prize package
- $63,000 BC Innovation Council second-prize package
- $37,000 BC Innovation Council third-prize package
- $40,000 BC Hydro Sustainability prize
- $20,000 BC Bioenergy Network prize
- $20,000 BC Innovation Council Economic Impact prize
For details and to register for the seminars or competition, visit www.newventuresbc.com. Competition entry deadline is April 19th.