nextMEDIA 2009 marked an impressive foray into all things digital this past December in Toronto. This coming June, nextMEDIA Banff, will be no exception to an already strongly positioned brand of conferences for digital innovators. With a focus on three primary sectors to provide central insight into the online world, the conference will look at Mobile, Online Content and Advertising and create a dialogue around these prevalent themes.
So what can you hope to take away from nextMEDIA ?
- A clear picture of emerging business models, including the rise of branded entertainment and the evolving role of producer – brand – broadcaster
- Trends and forecasts to safeguard your digital business in 2010
- Strategies on how to create convergent content and embrace a new kind of narrative
- Ways to create emerging ancillary revenues from merchandise to live events and mobile
- Collaborations with partners outside your silo
- Tips to dominate in the new media ecosystem – content, communications and technology
- Inspiration, creative ideas, business tips and partnerships
Speakers will include: Matt Mason – entrepreneur and author of, “The Pirate’s Dilemma,” Andrew Whitaker – EVP of the WWE, Jacob Glick of Google, Ricky Gervais – Actor and Producer and Kim D’Eon –Senior Entertainment Report for ET Canada.
nextMEDIA’s mandate is to be a step ahead of the convergence of the creative world and technological landscape and bring about a clear and direct message to its audience. I’m looking forward to hearing from the people who truly believe in this convergence and further understanding the role that we all play as consumers, advocates and citizens of new and old media alike.