Wondering if Pebble’s legendary Kickstarter campaign that raised a staggering $10,168,645 from 66,613 backers is the norm for crowdfunding in Canada.
Here’s a look at nine of the most successful tech-related Canadian crowdfunding campaigns to date.
- The Matterform 3D Scanner – $471,082 on Indiegogo
- ALPHA – The Holy Grail of Heart Rate – $321,314 on Kickstarter
- MUSE: The Brain-Sensing Headband that lets you control things with your mind – $287,472 on Indiegogo
- Starforge – $135,453 on Indiegogo
- Help build Notman House, la maison du web – $120,548 on Indiegogo
- Wimotos – Tiny Wireless Helpers For Your Life – $115,366 on Indiegogo
- The Minuum Keyboard Project – $87,354 on Indiegogo
- Chameleon: A Better Home Screen for Your Android Tablet – $66,804 on Kickstarter
- Alter Ego: The Water Filtration Bottle with a Mission – $65,602 on Indiegogo
This list is most definitely incomplete, so if you know of any super successful Canadian crowdfunding campaigns we’ve missed please add them to the comments on this article.
And look for Kickstarter’s official launch in Canada on September 9th to bring even more attention to the crowdfunding space in Canada.
Image: National Post