VC and Angel financing are almost dead but government investment and financing programs can fill the gap. There are strategies to help you maneuver through the process of accessing this type of funding. Join our panel of actual companies that have used most of these programs and find out which ones are really worth your time and effort. Everyone is welcome.
David Stein of The Ottawa Network will be hosting and discussion topics and panelists include:
Quebec: A bridge to high-tech financing.
- Gail Snuggs, CEO/President, Optx Commerce Inc.
Effective leverage: turning one dollar in investment into three dollars you can spend.
- John Shannon, Entrepreneur and Angel Investor
How does the ecosystem really work, practical advice.
- Michelle Scarborough, VP Investment & Commercialization, OCRI
Changes in the SR&ED Tax Credit Program.
- Kay James, Senior Director, SR&ED, Deloitte & Touche LLP
Sometimes strategic acquisition by a larger company can be the best way to go.
- Bruce Lazenby, Regional Director for Canada, Corum Group
The Real Secrets Behind Getting Government Financing For Your Tech Company takes place on April 29th from 5:30pm – 8:30pm at The Marshes at 320 Terry Fox Drive.