Carrie & Danielle, Inc. is a lifestyle media company focused on authentic living and personal development. Our website, including our ultra-popular Daily Q&A, is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for a rock star intern to work with us here in our lovely Vancouver studio. The key qualifications are being super smart, engaged and enthusiastic, and utterly addicted to taking initiative. But there are also some very specific skills we need, too:
- Knowledge of current search engine optimization strategies, including keyword research and targeting, on-page optimization and link building.
- Excellent writing skills and understanding of how to write for search engines.
- Thorough understanding of social media marketing strategies.
- Basic html editing skills essential; understanding of css/xhtml desirable.
- Ability to discern trends and important / relevant data from web analytics tools, including Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with AdSense, including AdSense optimization techniques.
- Experience with WordPress or other blogging platforms preferred.
- Dog-walking and baby wrangling skills desirable but not essential.
This position is very much a jump into the deep end proposition. We work as a very tight-knit team and we’re all about supporting each other, but there just isn’t much time for hand-holding. And it’s a “get to know you” kind of thing. Initially you’ll be working with us for three months with the possibility of a permanent position if things go well. Send resumes to careers [at] carrieanddanielle [dot] com, indicating in the subject line that you’re applying for the Internship. And include a brief letter telling us why you’re the world’s greatest intern. No phone calls please (we really mean it — calling about the position will not be seen as a sign of initiative!).