Ernst & Young unveiled this year’s Pacific finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards yesterday and there are some very deserving candidates on the short list. The 2009 Pacific finalists for Entrepreneur Of The Year for the Cleantech, Health Sciences, and Technoloyg & Media categories are:
- Brad Miller – IMW Industries Ltd. – Chilliwack: Designer and builder of high-pressure compressors for gaseous fuels used for fuelling vehicles, and for bulk gas transportation for industrial/commercial applications and power generation.
- Ross MacLachlan – Lignol Energy Corporation – Burnaby: Producer of fuel-grade ethanol and other biochemicals from wood waste and agriculture residue.
- Jonathan Rhone – Nexterra Energy Corp. – Vancouver: Developer and supplier of biomass gasification solutions that generate heat and power for institutional and industrial customers.
- Andrew Rae – iCo Therapeutics Inc. – Vancouver: Reprofiling company focused on redosing or reformulating drugs with clinical history for new or expanded indications.
- Scott Cormack – OncoGeneX Technologies Inc. – Vancouver: Develops and commercializes new cancer therapies that address treatment resistance in cancer patients.
- Simon Pimstone – Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc. – Burnaby: Specializes in clinical genetic-based drug discovery and development.
Technology and media
- Steve Comber, Ho Kim, Dennis Law – Camacc Systems Inc. – Saanichton: Digital video surveillance systems integrator and manufacturer.
- Alan Juristovski, Milun Tesovic – Metroleap Media Inc. – Burnaby: Owner of Metrolyrics.com, which receives around 30-million unique monthly visitors and almost 80-million page views.
- David Paperny – Paperny Films Inc. – Vancouver: Producer of documentary, comedy and reality television shows.
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards recognize the unique spirit and contributions of entrepreneurs here and around the world. The Canadian program is in its 16th year of honouring the country’s most impressive entrepreneurs from all areas of business.
The Pacific winners will be announced at a banquet on October 8th, and the overall winner will represent the region at the national banquet, also being held in Vancouver this year, on November 24th.
Good luck to the Finalists.