The 14th Annual Washington Technology Industry Association Industry Achievement Awards were handed out last night during an awards ceremony at the Paramount Theater. The event, which celebrated the local technology community and its innovations, also marked the WTIA’s 25th anniversary.
“For the first time ever, thousands of votes from the local technology community determined this year’s IAA winners,” said Ken Myer, president and CEO of the WTIA. “To be named by your peers as one of our region’s best and brightest is a great honor.”
The IAAs recognize local companies, individuals and students who best demonstrate innovation and excellence in creating new technologies, applications and services. The 2009 winners, as determined by online votes, were:
- Commercial Product or Service of the Year: Visible Technologies for TruCast
- Consumer Product or Service of the Year: Wetpaint.com
- Breakthrough Start-up of the Year: Ontela
- Service Provider of the Year: AdReady, Inc.
- Best Use of Technology in the Government, Non-profit or Educational Sector: Snohomish County Planning & Development Services
- Technology Innovator of the Year: Darrin Massena, Picnik
- Technology Leader of Tomorrow: Israel Zemeadim, Washington Middle School
The Washington Technology Industry Association, founded in 1984, is the largest statewide association of technology companies, IT departments and individual technology professionals in North America. With more than 1,000 member companies representing more than 100,000 employees in Washington State, the association is a catalyst for sharing expertise, fostering collaboration, delivering key business services and advancing the value and global impact of technology companies doing business in Washington.