Taking place from August 17th to 19th, pii2010 will explore how emerging technologies and business models are impacting data creation, sharing and aggregation, and how to strike a balance between protecting sensitive information and enabling innovation.
CBS News technology analyst Larry Magid will emcee pii2010 and the speaker line-up features over 30 leading experts including:
- Pete Kazanjy – Co-founder and CEO of Unvarnished
- Kim Cameron – Chief Architect of Identity for Microsoft
- Anne Toth – Chief Privacy Officer of Yahoo!
- Rick Klau – Product Manager for Google
- Stephen Hood – Co-founder and CEO of BlockChalk
- Eve Maler – Distinguished Engineer at PayPal
The conference will also serve as the official launch pad for pii Labs, an open forum for learning and collaborating that will take place August 19th at Seattle’s famous Space Needle building.
Other special activities at pii2010 include an Innovate!2010 Pitch Slam co-hosted with Guidewire Group where eight promising entrepreneurs will deliver their best 5-minute pitch — if you know a startup that wants a chance to participate, they can apply here.
Tickets start at $345 and you can save 20% when you enter 4vibe in the discount code field. You can also buy a special pass to pii2010 and its partner conference Gnomedex, which is taking place in Seattle August 19 to 21, for only $600. Visit http://pii2010.com to sign up and get more information.