Incognito Software Inc., a Canadian company with headquarters in Vancouver, has been providing connectivity solutions for large networks since 1992. Our software helps global communications service providers and enterprises quickly and cost-effectively deploy data, voice, and video networks using our automated IP address management, domain management, and provisioning systems. We are located on the waterfront in downtown Vancouver, central to many public transportation routes.
The Product Marketing Specialist, based in Vancouver, reports to the VP of Marketing. This position is cross-functional by nature, working with Engineering, Sales and Marketing to bring all the required pieces together in order to successfully sell the product into the cable, DSL and Wimax broadband markets.
The candidate must have a solid understanding of product management processes – especially gathering customer requirements and creating/implementing/managing a product feature development process. Must have proven experience in successfully implementing customer requirements and product launch processes and know how to create requirements documents, perform competitive analyses and feature/function prioritization.
The candidate is expected to have sound knowledge of the product line and target market, and must be comfortable working with a wide variety of customers including corporate executives, sales, marketing, engineering, operations, customers and partners. They must be a very capable communicator and be able to influence people at all levels from engineer to CEO.
- Assist in driving the strategic agenda for the product line with executive staff, product development, and sales. Provide input in defining product strategy and direction with the entire sales and marketing team.
- Define market and product requirements that enable Incognito to deliver what is needed, when it is needed.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure timely execution of product rollouts, etc. on an ongoing basis. Participate in the release management process to ensure the timeliness and quality of the product.
- Define and prioritize product requirements, develop product roadmaps, recommend product directions. Work with engineering to develop functional specifications. Define product requirements based on customer and partner requirements.
- Gather functional requirements from customers, field, partners and other industry sources.
- Gather and organize competitive information and specific insightful intelligence.
- Work with development groups during the complete development cycle to ensure that the product meets customer requirements.
- Interact with customers in pre-sales and post-sales situations.
- Assist in the completion of both RFI and RFQ documents.
You should possess the following:
- Minimum three years’ experience working in marketing, product management or communications.
- A Bachelor’s degree in science, arts, or engineering discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently, with demonstrated initiative.
- A sound working knowledge of DNS and IP address management, device provisioning would be an asset.
If you have the expertise to match and are keen in a career with a progressive high tech company, please send your resume and a cover letter to:
Incognito Software Inc.
Suite 500-375 Water Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5C6
Attn: Human Resources Manager (Please quote Ref: Techvibes0808)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR APPLICATION. HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE SHORTLISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.