Research In Motion Limited (RIM)® is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld™ product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM.
The Global BlackBerry Network Operations Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for the implementation of projects specific to the BlackBerry Operations Group at Research In Motion. These projects can include hardware and software initiatives (upgrades, new technology deployments), new or changing BlackBerry Network Operations facilities, and process related initiatives.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing BlackBerry Operations projects and will work with the team to improve project management standards and processes within the department. This position will lead various projects, including software development and integration projects from conceptualization through implementation, as well as hardware and BlackBerry operations facilities-related projects.
- Manage projects and/or programs in a fast-paced environment
- Assist in improving project management processes and tools to develop and maintain the project management office within BlackBerry Operations
- Manage internal client relationships with project stakeholders and senior management, and interact at a high level with decision-makers both internally and externally
- Lead highly skilled, cross-functional teams (software developers, IT operations, vendors, business stakeholders and consultants) across one or more projects
- Drive project requirements, priorities and deadlines and provide master project planning to ensure project deliverables are met according timelines and budget
- Prepare and present progress reports for management
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 to 5 years of Project Management experience, 3 years Project Management experience within an IT environment
- Previous experience leading projects through full project cycle
- Particular emphasis on stakeholder expectation analysis, risk analysis and process definition
- Experience within Telecoms/Wireless industries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical background
- Must be a team player who is highly motivated and detailed oriented
- Flexibility to work in an fast-paced environment
- Educated to Diploma/Degree level or equivalent working experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince2 certification preferred
- Knowledge of ITIL an asset
To apply for this job please use this link.:
If you’re driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it’s time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!