Incognito Software Inc., a Canadian company with headquarters in Vancouver, has been providing connectivity solutions for large networks since 1992. Our software helps global communications service providers and enterprises quickly and cost-effectively deploy data, voice, and video networks using our automated IP address management, domain management, and provisioning systems. We are located on the waterfront in downtown Vancouver, central to many public transportation routes.
If you share our passion for great teamwork and are excited about the prospect of working with a team of talented and experienced Managers, you have come to the right place. To complement our team of technically savvy and dedicated Quality Assurance Engineers, we are looking for a self-motivated and technically competent individual to join our Quality Assurance team as a QA Engineer.
As a QA Engineer, you will build on your current expertise by demonstrating core competencies as a bright and hardworking individual who thrives on challenges in developing new and contributing to existing test methodologies in our Engineering Department. Projects include the creation of automated tests, focused on JUnit or HttpUnit development with the ultimate goal of contributing to sets of fully automated tests in the field of networking and distributed computing while working on some of the newest Java technologies. Some testing requires creative approaches to find fast and effective testing solutions, determining the necessary environment and code supported automation. You would be required to help contribute to such continual testing initiatives, to formulate testing strategies.
You should possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree majoring in Computer, Information Technology or Engineering and 3 years of relevant working experience
- 1 to 2 years experience developing in Java
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking on Windows and UNIX
- Knowledge of network hardware: routers, switches, CMTSs, and devices: SIP, eMTA, Cable Modems
- Experience using JUnit and understanding of TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Experience working with multi-tiered or multithreaded application
- Completion of courses in networking and operating system
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix
- Basic understanding of Eclipse, CVS, Databases
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness and aptitude for finding and reporting software problems
- Team player that is proficient and productive in agile methodologies and Scrum Software Process
- Ability to work with limited supervision but capable of asking for help when needed
- Fluent in oral and written English
The following skills would be an asset:
- Experience in scripting using Perl and Shell
- Enjoy working in a team environment as well as working alone and with our developers to track down and solve product and customer problems
- A professional work attitude
If you have the expertise to match and are looking for a career in a global progressive high tech company, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, quoting reference Techvibes0408.