David Prager, COO of Revision3, a Silicon Valley-based company, had an apparent home break-in recently. No, he didn’t call the cops as soon as he saw someone breaking in. Instead, he “tweeted” about it and made sure his Twitter followers stayed updated on what exactly the intruder was doing, and how he was feeling and the like. He even setup a live video stream on Ustream to broadcast the home invasion live. How nice of him!
Read more of his updates:
- ok, maybe I should lock my door – I swear a random dude just walked into my bathroom and I can’t believe I haven’t freaked out
- and I can’t believe I’m tweeting about it while he is still in there — in wonder of he is sleep walking – or if maybe I should freak out
- ok – he’s still in the bathroom and Im now thinking a combo of hobo and drunk and sleepwalking dude – he seems late 20s – hmmm what next ?
- I’m thinking the hobo part cause I can smell BO – and I really am wondering why I haven’t freaked the F out
- maybe I should mention I live in a relatively rustic studio apartment in SF
there is no TP in my bathroom – wonder if that is complicating things for him – was gonna wait for him to come out and kick him out
- hmmm — should I call the cops like you guys have recommended? find a blunt object before opening the door? my gut tells me he’s harmless
- but … I could be wrong about the harmless assumption
I’m now thinking maybe he’s passed out in my bathroom — I guess that’s better than violent — but I have no idea. time to freak out??
ok – about to make move – putting shoes on first
- glad that GF wasn’t here
- ok – have weapon if I need it – but don’t plan on any confrontation with it – about to go in
- haven’t gone in yet ….. debating calling cops but just feel it’s not needed for some reason (and probably contrary to all logic)
- ok – still haven’t done anything – he is still in there – gonna setup a ustream now I think – standby
- going in
- if u haven’t been watching my ustream -the dude passed out in my bathroom and I just dragged him out
- ok – I think the drama is over – intruder is out – door is locked – think I finally need some sleep