Julie Szabo and Darren Barefoot of Capulet Communications have been busy running one-day training sessions on social media marketing all over the place. Most recently they’ve been selling out at UBC Continuing Studies and as a result have decided to run some bootcamps of their own.
Adding social media into the marketing mix is increasingly important for marketers who want to establish an online presence for their businesses. We’re running one-day workshops to teach communicators and marketers, as well as small business owners, how to:
- Bring more visitors to your website
- Increase your company’s visibility online
- Approach bloggers and other online influencers about your products and services
- Get your website social media ready
- Craft a potent social media pitch
- Incorporate online channels like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter into your marketing programs
- Avoid campaign killers and online faux pas
Building on the sold-out course we taught for UBC Continuing Education this winter, we discuss the dos and don’ts of social media marketing; look at successful marketing campaigns; introduce the social media tools every marketer should know about; and cover online communications etiquette.
Their Social Media Marketing Bootcamps will take place in Victoria on April 30th and in Vancouver on May 28th. The one-day workshop is priced at $299 but there is a way that you can save $50 or maybe even attend for free.
- You can save $50 off that price by blogging about the workshop on your own established site. Don’t have a blog? Ask a friend or a local blogger if you can write a guest post for their site.
- They’re giving away one seat for free to each event. All you have to do is tweet a link to this page on Capulet’s site and include the hash tag #smmvic or #smmvan, depending on the session you want to attend.