Join TEC Edmonton to find out who will be the recipients of this year’s grand prize in the provincial Fast Growth and Student categories.
The Top 3 Choices from the Student Business Plan Competition have already been announced:
- AltaCap Energy Solutions – Trina Salvisberg and team, University of Alberta: Focused on the development, production and marketing of ultracapacitors that feature cutting edge electrode technology.
- Nougat Software Entertainment – Tyrel Schick, University of Lethbridge: Video game development company designing / creating innovative, full scale games for a wide range of platforms.
- GizmoBooks.com – Gezim Hoxha, University of Lethbridge: Website offering students an easy way to buy and sell textbooks and save money.
As have the Top 3 Fast Growth Companies:
- Vibe DX – VibeDx is a Patent-pending medical device for diagnosis of injuries, pathologies and fitness of the back and spine. With a 99+% accuracy in diagnosing disc damage that holds promise to improve long term outcomes and quality of life for millions of back pain sufferers.
- lightPower – lightPower builds flexible plastic solar panels with long-term stability which can be integrated in consumer electronic products or used as stand-alone battery chargers. Flexible plastic solar panels are fabricated through roll-to-roll printing techniques, enabling high throughout, low-cost manufacturing.
- CAD Crowd – CAD Crowd helps firms hire CAD staff globally enabling the effective sourcing of CAD work through their relationships with quality-certified partners and an enterprise project management software tailored specifically to manage and facilitate CAD projects.
At the luncheon, the grand prize winner of both categories will be announced. TEC Edmonton will also announce the annual SAM (Screeners Award of Merit) recipient.
Evan Chrapko, Co-CEO of Highpark Renewables Research LP and Growing Power Hairy Hill LP will speak at this year’s luncheon. Evan, an Alberta based entrepreneur, knows first hand about the challenges an early stage entrepreneur faces but also knows the rewards of hard work and perserverance.
The event will be at the ballroom in The Westin Hotel Edmonton and go from noon until 1:45pm. Tickets are still available.