From mobile apps to social networking platforms, software is driving our world right now.
Using data compiled by Business in Vancouver, I’ve listed the 5 software companies employing the most people in BC. I also identify whether the comapny has downsized from last year (–), maintained its headcount (=), or grown its staff (+), plus the year it was founded. Not surprisingly, software companies haven’t been downsizing as the need for their services is greater than ever.
Note: This list excludes video game developers, who are worthy of their own list later on!
1. SAP Canada, founded in 1972, empoys 1,200. (=)
2. MacDonald Dettwiler, founded in 1969, employs 800. (=)
3. McKesson Medical Imaging, founded in 1988, employs 700. (+)
4. Sage, founded in 1981, employs 425. (+)
5. Absolute Software, founded in 1993, employs 350. (+)