How will digital media and wireless converge with health and sport? How will that convergence change the future of health care access and delivery, physical mobility, training and rehabilitation medicine? How will your business be affected?
Find out at as DigiBC and LifeSciences BC present Serious Games Meet Mobile Health on March 19th at the BC Showase at Robson Square. The morning event includes demonstrations, conversations, insights and networking, all based on this important convergence topic.
Event organizers have enlisted a panel will of both interface developers and researchers as well as serious gaming experts:
- Dr. Jaimie Borisoff – Michael Smith Foundation (former Paralympian and now researcher looking at the development of a direct computer interface using descending motor potentials recorded from the spinal cord).
- Brad Zdanivsky, Vertical Challenge (open source code project to provide a framework for BlueTooth Physiological Sensors).
- Mark Baxter – FitBrains (casual gaming platform featuring games that exercise the key cognitive areas of the brain).
- Tarrnie Williams – Executive Producer, EA Active Fit Game (EA is developing innovative features to enhance the game experience including motion sensor peripherals and heart rate monitors to provide users with a unique fitness experience and enable users to measure results).
- Moderator: Dr. Ward Plunet – PhD, Neuroscience (research focus centers on discovering treatments to improve functional recovery after spinal cord injury, and extend the shortened lifespan of individuals with spinal cord injury).
The event is FREE however pre-registration is required as space is limited.