The Weather Network has proudly launched an updated version of its popular iPhone application for weather fans.
The sleek new design, made specifically for iOS 8, features new push notifications for weather warnings and public safety alerts to make it easier for users to access their favourite weather content and keep up to date on important news in their region.
With over 4.5 million downloads, The Weather Network app for iPhone provides Canadians with the weather news they depend on. As part of the new app, users now have access to even more detailed information, capturing up-to-the-minute weather and news headlines.
“The Weather Network team is dedicated to bringing users the most robust mobile experience possible and with the re-design of our iPhone app, we’ve delivered on this with no exception,” said Ken Headrick, SVP, Content, Product & Corporate Marketing, Pelmorex Media Inc. “Our revamped interface provides real-time access to even more content, bringing the information users need, immediately on their smartphones.”
The updated app includes brand new features such as: Precip Stop Start, which forecasts the start and stop times of precipitation within a 10-minute period; push notifications of weather warnings; public safety alerts and a brand new iOS 8 widget. In addition, The Weather Network’s iPhone app has undergone significant design and performance enhancements, including:
- Detailed weather forecasts including current, short-term, hourly and 14-day periods
- Animated icons and weather-triggered backgrounds
- Severe weather and storm alerts to notify when a storm is imminent. Users will see a red banner on the affected cities and regions and can click-thru for more information
- Satellite and radar maps including past, present and future views
- Follow-me functionality, automatically detecting the forecast within 1km
- At-a-glance weather data with iOS8 widget
- More news and video than ever before
The Weather Network App for iPhone devices is available for free here.