TiEQuest 2010 will provide contestants an opportunity to present to angel investors, venture capitalists and fund managers. Sponsoring firms will be offering an “Expression of Interest” for investments of up to $1,000,000 to top teams. In addition, the winners will receive various cash prizes and incentives exceeding $150,000 in value. To encourage youth participation, TiEQuest also offers the New Entrepreneur Prize worth $5000 to the best student team.
By participating, contestants get the following benefits:
- Membership in TiE Toronto: TiE is a global organization comprising of 16,000 members with 53 chapters and is dedicated to the promotion of entrepreneurship (one-year membership for one team members, a $100 value)
- Networking opportunities with leading entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and senior business leaders
- Recognition with investment, legal and accounting firms
- Opportunity to practice the process of pitching new venture to investors
- Opportunity to turn an innovative idea into real business
Here is what some of the past winners have had to say about the competition:
“Various prizes received in TiEQuest have helped us tremendously to raise new money and guide us through hurdles during our commercialization efforts. As a result, we are well on our way to commercialize our newly developed technology, despite the challenging market conditions” – Nimesh Bahl of Liquid Fiber Displays Inc. Winner of TiEQuest 2008
“After participating in TiEQuest in 2007, we have received a contract to provide trunk main leak detection service in UK , obtained LeakfinderRT orders from China and established a stronger position in the $40 trillion global infrastructural makeover. We have built numerous contacts in advancing our business” – Marc Bracken of Echologics Engineering Inc. Winner of TiEQuest 2007
“After winning in TiEQuest, CertoLabs has raised over $500,000 of funding. The Company is currently negotiating with investors to expedite the commercialization process.” – Ameer Taha of CertoLabs Inc. Winner of TiEQuest 2006
Apply today at www.tiequest.org.