August 2008 was a busy month on Techvibes – both behind the scenes with the launch of our new site and on the blog with heavy traffic for a summer month.
News of our launch was well-received and the accompanying blog post proved that. Rogers was back in our Top 10 again and this time around it had nothing to do with the iPhone but rather their new Talkspot product. Amazon.com had a busy month with two acquisitions in the Pacific Northwest – Victoria’s Abebooks followed by Seattle’s Shelfari.
Our Canada Start-Up Index continued to be popular across the country with the second iteration on August 1st getting its fair share of views.
The Top 10 blog posts published in August based on pageviews were:
- Introducing the new Techvibes.com
- Talking A Lot with Rogers Talkspot
- Amazon.com to Acquire Abebooks
- Canada Start-Up Index – August 2008
- New Ownership announced at Marqui
- Red Herring Canada Top 50 Finalists Announced
- Amazon.com buy Shelfari
- What’s happening at Telefilm?
- The Essential Startup To Do List
- Blackberry Bold comes out swinging