With more than 2,350 hours of exclusive web coverage, new highlights and features, and every second of Olympic Games competition available live and on demand at CTVOlympics.ca and RDSolympiques.ca, Vancouver 2010 is truly Canada’s digital Games.
And CTV wants you to be ready, so they’ve prepared the Top 5 Ways to Digitally Prepare for Vancouver 2010 – here’s our abridged version:
1. Download Free Plug-in for Exclusive Video
- Silverlight – The only way to enjoy Olympic Games video online in Canada, exclusively on CTVOlympics.ca and RDSolympiques.ca, is with Microsoft Silverlight. This free plug-in downloads in seconds and enables a rich, safe and secure online video experience, delivering a consistent cross-platform (Mac OS, Windows and Linux), cross-browser experience to fans.
- CTVOlympics Mobile App– The CTVOlympics.ca mobile app is now available for download on the iTunes App Store. Offering instant updates and notifications, video, medal results, Viewers’ Guide and access to Vancouver 2010 content anywhere.
2. Plan Your Games, Your Way
- Viewers’ Guide – As the official guide to the Consortium’s Olympic Games television broadcast schedule, the Viewers’ Guide,presented by Bell,also offers Canadians a map to their Vancouver 2010 experience on the web, with complete up-to-date programming for coverage onCTVOlympics.ca and RDSolympiques.ca. By logging on to the Viewers’ Guide through Facebook Connect, fans can pre-select preferred programming schedules and set email and mobile reminders and alerts for the web coverage they would like to see.
3. Follow on Twitter
- The latest news, updates, links, chatter and Olympic Games conversation is just a click away when fans follow our online team via @CTVOlympics and @RDSolympiques. Also find custom lists of athletes, broadcasters and Olympic Games sports organizations.
4. Become a Facebook Fan & YouTube Subscriber
- Facebook – Updated daily throughout the 2010 Winter Games with links to photo galleries, archived content, upcoming news and information as well as interesting Olympic Games insights, web users can become Olympic Facebook fans at www.facebook.com/CTVOlympics and www.facebook.com/RDSolympiques.
- YouTube – Subscribe to the CTV Olympics YouTube channel at youtube.com/CTVOlympics to sample a portion of the amazing video from Vancouver 2010 that will be available online, including athlete interviews, clips of long form features and vignettes from the Consortium’s coverage.
5. Sign-up for Email Alerts
- Know When Canada Wins – By registering at CTVOlympics.ca/Registration and RDSolympiques.ca/Inscription fans can sign up for Canadian medal and event-specific alerts sent directly to mobile devices or email. Never miss a medal-winning moment by registering today.
- Morning Newsletter – Register now for the CTVOlympics.ca Morning Newsletter or Les Nouvelles Matinales on RDSolympiques.ca. Wake up to the latest Olympic Games news, results and stories from your email inbox. The newsletter is delivered daily during each of the 17 days of the Games.