Welcome to the third edition of Wavefront Wireless Wednesdays sponsored by Wavefront. Vancouver-based Wavefront is the commercialization centre accelerating the growth of Canada’s wireless and new media companies. Follow Wavefront on Twitter at @WavefrontAC.
Every Wednesday we’ll be summarizing some of Canada’s biggest news in the wireless/mobile space, highlighting upcoming events that you should know about, and helping companies find their next superstar employee.
The week in wireless news:
- RIM’s PlayBook isn’t an iPad killer, like a BMW isn’t a Kia killer. The PlayBook: A league of its own
- 3 new wireless veterans join Mobilicity
- RIM officially enters the tablet market with the BlackBerry PlayBook
- TaskAve wins first place at Startup Weekend Toronto
- Polar Mobile reaches 150 Super Apps
- Montreal startup Kiboomu creates fun and educational mobile apps for children
If you would like your Canadian mobile news included in our Wavefront Wireless Wednesday summary, be sure to submit it to email@example.com for potential coverage.
- Toronto – Monday, October 4th: MobileMonday Toronto: Brazil – Samba, Soccer and Mobile
- Vancouver – Friday, October 8th: Orange Partner MeetUp at the Wavefront Vancouver Developer Centre
- London, UK – October 20th: WIP Jam at the 5th Annual Open Software in Mobile World
- Toronto – Tuesday, October 26th: AndroidTO
Do you have a mobile event you would like highlighted here? Be sure to add it for free to the Techvibes Events Calendar.
- Technical Project Manager, ScoreMobile, Score Media, Toronto
- Wireless Lab Engineer – Quality Assurance – Wavefront, Vancouver
- Mobile Application Developer – Piranha Games, Vancouver
- iPhone Developer, Tribal Interactive, Vancouver
If you would like your job opportunities included next week’s feature, add it to our Job Board and use discount code ‘wavefront’ to save 25%.