If you run or work at a small web design or development firm, Microsoft’s WebsiteSpark program is worth looking in to. WebsiteSpark is Microsoft’s global program dedicated to helping small web companies succeed.
What do you get when you join WebsiteSpark?
- Visibility: By being showcased in the WebsiteSpark marketplace as well as through opportunities creating through Microsoft’s marketing and business networking programs.
- Support: You’ll get hooked up with an entire ecosystem of Microsoft support, network and hosting partners, and web developers and designers so you have a wide range of technical and business resources
- Tools: Full-on access to full versions of current Microsoft web tools and technologies including Silverlight, Expression, SQL Server Web Edition, Windows Server 2008, and Visual Studio Professional.
If addition, there are a handful of web apps available for you to use along with the tools listed above. Take Joomla! as an example:
Joomla! is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla! the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla! is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
So are you eligible to join WebsiteSpark? If you can answer “yes” to the two questions below, then you are:
- Is your company a professional service firm whose primary business is providing Web development and design services for its clients?
- Does your company have 10 or fewer people, including owners and employees?
The full details on the WebsiteSpark program are available online. Check it out, and if it’s right for you, be sure to sign up.