Nearly 10,000 entries were submitted for the 13th Annual 2009 Webby Awards and the nominations are now in.
The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet. Established in 1996 during the Web’s infancy, the Webbys are presented by The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, a 550-member body of leading Web experts, business figures, luminaries, visionaries and creative celebrities.
The full list of nominees is available here. I’ve scanned the categories and noticed that a handful of sites we’ve covered on Techvibes in the past made the cut:
- Toronto-born, Disney-acquired Kaboose in the Family/Parenting category
- Portland’s Kongregate in the Games category
- Kelowna-born, Disney-acquired Club Penguin in the Games category
- Portland’s COLOURlovers in the Community category
- Partially developed in Victoria, BC Flock in the Social Networking category
- Tourism Montreal in the Tourism category
- Seattle’s Fail Blog in the Weird category
The Webby Awards also singles all the sites that were close but didn’t quit make the cut – check out the Official Honorees online.