Nineteen Canadian Websites, online videos, interactive ads and mobile content have been nominated for the 14th Annual Webby Awards.
Hailed as the one of the most prestigious awards in the world by the BBC and the Internet’s highest honor by the New York Times, The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet.
Nominees from Canada include:
- NAWLZ (NetArt)
- The Pop Shoppe (Best Use of Animation or Motion Graphics)
- History of Flight (Best Visual Design – Aesthetic)
- Empire of the Word (Best Use of Interactive Video)
- Locals Know Secret Spot Emailer (Email Marketing)
- Leroy Smith Game (Game or Application)
- Lucien Website (Restaurant)
- 1000 Awesome Things (Blog – Cultural)
- Waterlife.nfb.ca (Movie and Film, Documentary: Individual Episode, Education, and Green)
- NFB Films iPhone App (Best Use of Mobile Video)
- Behind the Veil (Documentary: Series)
- Baudrillard’s Blender (Student – Online Film and Video)
- The Pizza Slap (Student – Online Film and Video)
- Hit the Road: Tofino (Travel & Adventure – Online Film and Video)
- Renew the World (Activism)
- Love Letters to the Future (Green)
Unlike other awards shows, The Webby Awards also allows the public to vote for winners. Get you Canadian vote on here. You’ve got until April 29th to support your fellow Canadians.