One of the benefits of blogging about technology across Canada is the opportunity to meet and interact with innovative technology leaders everyday. During the last year, we’ve had the pleasure of covering some great people, startups, and events and are very excited about what 2011 promises for Canada’s Tech industry.
We’re starting to assemble our Digital Media People to watch lists for 2011 and this year we’re adding a Quebec list to our annual Ontario, Alberta, and BC watch lists.
This year we’d like your help. We want to know who you think is worth watching in the Digital Media space in 2011. If you could pick a handful of people in your community that you expect to make BIG news in 2011, who would they be?
But don’t restrict yourself to Founders – these people could be angel investors, young entrepreneurs, community evangelists, venture capitalists, or running the next company to be acquired by Google.
To give you an example of the kind of folks we’re after, have a look at last year’s alumni.
- Ali Asaria – Well.ca
- Jordan Banks – Thunder Road Capital
- Erin Bury – Sprouter
- Lauren Friese – TalentEgg
- Kunal Gupta – Polar Mobile
- Steve Hulford – FileMobile
- Carol Leaman – PostRank
- Mike Lee – Rogers Ventures
- Tobi Lutke – Shopify
- Keith McSpurren – CoverItLive
- Trevor Doerksen – Mobovivo
- Terry Hughes – Widality
- John Lowe – Multiplied Media
- Richerd Chen – Tapium
- Ken Bautista – CIE: Seek your own proof
- Tys von Gaza, Sean Healy – TouchMetric
- David Gluzman – R4NT
- Jay Baydala – uEnd
- Peter Urban – Smibs
- Jessica Mason – Significant Differences
- Ian Bell – AppSocial
- Michael Bidu – DigiBC
- Stewart Butterfield – TinySpeck
- Harry Chemko – Elastic Path Software
- Ryan Holmes – Hootsuite.com
- Alan Juristovski & Milun Tesovic – Metroleap Media
- Owen Matthews – Wesley Clover
- Angel Pui – My Wedding Match
- Maura Rodgers – Bootup Entrepreneurial Society
- Kyle Vucko – IndoChino
If you’d like to nominate someone for our Digital Media People to Watch in 2011 lists, comment on this blog post OR send your suggestions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.