BrainStation 2019 Outcomes Report Data & Methodology
The 2019 BrainStation Outcomes Report covers the employment outcomes for BrainStation graduates of the Web Development Diploma, and User Experience Design Diploma, and Data Science Diploma programs that ended between 2015 and 2018 at our Toronto and Vancouver campuses. The Report also provides data and analysis of the composition of BrainStation's student body.
BrainStation Outcomes for Full Time Programs with end dates between January 1, 2015 to December 14, 2018
|Total Number of Enrolled Students||659|
|Total Number of Graduates||601|
|GRADUATES INCLUDED IN THE REPORT||Totals|
|Total number of graduates seeking employment||469|
|Graduate Employment Rate within 180 days of Graduation||87%|
|Employed Graduates Working In-Field within 180 days of Graduation||91%|
|GRADUATES WHO DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE REPORT||Totals|
|Total number of graduates not pursuing employment||71|
|Total number of graduates who are Unresponsive to Campus Outreach||61|
BrainStation has developed an internal methodology for collecting data to measure and report the success of our graduates. Our methodology framework and guidelines contain specific definitions and criteria to be applied to generate consistent outcome measures for our full-time programs.
The data showcased in this Report is based on the total number of graduates who reported they were pursuing employment in any capacity after completing the program, and who responded to campus outreach efforts within 180 days of graduation. Aside from graduation rate, all data is based on e-mail, BrainStation surveys and self-reported information from students, including LinkedIn. Data excludes graduates not pursuing employment after graduation and those who were unresponsive to campus outreach efforts. Rates are rounded to the nearest digit.
Average age and educational background data is based on available data for students who provided that information, that is 72% of the total population size included in the Report.
For further details, see Definitions below.
- An individual who is accepted and enrolled in a BrainStation full-time program.
- A student who met the program completion requirements of a BrainStation full-time program.
- A student who did not meet the program completion requirements of a BrainStation full-time program and/or a student who notifies BrainStation that they are withdrawing from their program.
- Employment Seeking Graduate:
- A graduate who reported they are actively pursuing employment in any capacity after completing the program. This excludes a graduate not pursuing employment and those who are classified as unresponsive to campus outreach efforts.
- Employment within 180 days:
- An employment seeking graduate who notifies BrainStation via verbal or written communication that they have accepted an offer, apprenticeship or internship (paid or unpaid); are engaged in freelance work; are launching/expanding their own company/business; have returned to a former employer in a similar or different position and are currently using their skills in their role; or have received two or more offers and turned down all offers.
- Still Seeking Employment:
- A graduate who is still seeking employment following the 180 day period following their graduation date.
- Graduate Not Pursuing Employment:
Graduates who notify BrainStation that they are pursuing other opportunities upon graduating including for reasons which include but is not limited to:
- personal, family or health reasons preventing them from seeking employment
- pursuing further education/return to school
- lifestyle decisions
- delaying their career search by more than four weeks after the end date of the program
- Unresponsive to Campus Outreach:
- A graduate who is unresponsive to all campus inquiries, emails and/or survey within the 180 day period following their program completion date. Students who have failed to respond to our outreach efforts after three attempts from a program representative will be classified as unresponsive.
- Graduate Employment Rate:
- The percentage of employment seeking graduates who reported that they were employed in any capacity in any field within 180 days of graduation.
- Employed Graduates Working In-Field within 180 days of Graduation:
- The percentage of employed graduates who reported that their employment is in a field related to their program, within 180 days of graduation.