No website or app is complete without thoughtful User Experience Design. Today's consumers demand seamless interactions, and a slow loading page, poorly designed form or illegible copy can deter a customer from returning forever.
Consequently, a sound understanding of UX Design principles is crucial for developers and digital marketers alike. This one-day workshop will layout the foundations of how to create great User Experiences.
What You'll Learn
- How to apply Design Thinking to projects
- Sketching + Ideation best practices
- How to perform Research and Testing on users
- Building out User Personas
- Create an experience map & design wireframes
- Use InVision for prototyping
What You'll Get
- Solid understanding of main tools, as well as additional resources & readings
- Hands-on, interactive learning experience with an industry expert
- Catered lunch
What To Bring
Your own laptop and charger (Mac is preferred)
Educator, User Experience Design Full Time
Brad is a user experience professional who has designed both product and enterprise solutions for some of the largest organizations in Canada. He specializes in usability, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, and visual design.
Educator, UX Design
William has worked with startups, agencies, and large enterprise organizations in both production and management roles including brands such as Loblaw Digital. He specializes in helping to build and scale products used by millions of Canadians. William practices user-centred design and brings a rigorous, iterative approach to complex design challenges - ideally involving data-heavy applications. William holds a Master of Architecture degree, and practiced architecture for five years before jumping over to digital. He originally trained as a physicist, but please don't hold that against him.