Today, it's never been easier to launch a website without knowing a lick of code. WordPress is one of the most popular platforms that offers the ability to build a custom website using beautiful, slick templates in a user-friendly dashboard. It's therefore no surprise that 25% of the top websites are built in WordPress.
If you're looking to launch your own website, or have been tasked with managing a WordPress site, this workshop will teach the fundamentals of navigating the platform to create and manage a website, no code required.
What You'll Learn
- An overview of WordPress functionality
- Setting up Wordpress
- Navigate the dashboard and use features
- Apply a custom theme to a site
- How to install plugins
- WooCommerce/BuddyPress to add e-commerce functionality to sell online
What You'll Get
- Solid understanding of main functionality and features, as well as additional resources & readings
- Hands-on, interactive learning experience with an industry expert
- Catered lunch
What To Bring
Please bring a laptop and charger
Educator, Web Development
Steve is an experienced front end web developer who is a firm believer of functional design and usability. He has worked on a number of projects and companies such as Lambda Solutions and Best Buy after completing his Computer Science degree. Steve stays immersed in the latest trends in front end development and works to deliver industry standard skills to aspiring developers.