Looking for code-free web development? This workshop is for you.
For those who want to launch a website but can't commit to hiring a developer or learn to code from scratch, WordPress is a great place to start. This workshop is perfect for those looking to launch a website without learning how to code, or those looking to manage or make edits to a WordPress-run site, such as a microsite or client blog. No coding experience is required, however Junior Web Developers are welcome as there will be an opportunity to dive into customization.
Upcoming dates in
10AM - 5PM @ Brainstation Toronto Campus
What You'll Learn
- Background on WordPress as a platform
- How to install WordPress
- Understanding the WordPress ecosystem
- Installing and customizing a theme
- Installing a plugin
- WooCommerce/BuddyPress to add e-commerce capabilities to your site
What You'll Get
- Solid understanding of main functionality and features, as well as additional resources & readings
- Hands-on, interactive learning experience with an industry expert
- Catered lunch
What To Bring
Please bring a laptop and charger
Educator, Web Development
Steve is an experienced front end web developer who is a firm believer of functional design and usability. He has worked on a number of projects and companies such as Lambda Solutions and Best Buy after completing his Computer Science degree. Steve stays immersed in the latest trends in front end development and works to deliver industry standard skills to aspiring developers.